The ideal candidate will be responsible for the procurement of vehicles, parts, goods, and services through established procurement processes and ensure the development of positive relationships with internal customers & suppliers. He/she Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in the same position in the Automotive
• Develop and implement procurement policy.
• Procure required vehicles, parts, products, and services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure SLAs and KPIs are met.
• Establish an approved list of suppliers for the group.
• Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists.
• Liaise and maintain healthy relationships with company suppliers and share periodic reports on the same.
• Undertake price or cost analysis before committing purchases and negotiating for better contractual terms of supply in coordination user departments.
• Carry out an evaluation on requirements from users before committing purchases and ensuring that services are provided within the Service Level Agreement.
• Monitor purchases against budget and usage of goods and services within the company to ensure optimal expenditure.
• Monitor changes in the supply market, carry out market research on product development and better sources of supply and develop proposals for improved purchasing procedures.
• Track deliveries and communicate to stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Ensure the company receives exactly what was ordered from the suppliers in terms of both quality and quantity.
• Answer supplier and customer inquiries about order changes and cancellation and check requisition orders for accuracy.
• Coaching, mentoring and guiding the procurement team.
• Conducting internal training on procurement processes with periodic external training as required.
• Undertake staff performance appraisal and implement remedial measures were required to keep performance on track.
• Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained, understand their roles and responsibilities and are performing at the required level.
• Must have a degree in procurement & Supply Chain Management.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
• Must have a good understanding of laws relating to the sale of goods, contract laws and international commodity Terms of Trade.
• Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
• Must be customer oriented.
• Must be a problem-solver.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must be teamwork and cooperation.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 120,000 – 160,000 /= (Approx. (1,200- 1,600 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma Certificate.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 3rd March 2021.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.