- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of supplies.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Updating procurement status report. • Issuing and receiving of stock. • Preparation and maintenance of stores records.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
2. Strong communication and negotiation skills.
3. Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
4. Supervisory and management experience.
5. Dedication and excellence at work.
6. Mature and committed to duty.
7. Attention to detail.
8. Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supplies (CIPS).