Duties and Responsibilities for the Procurement Officer will include but not limited to:
1. Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
2. Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
3. Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
4. Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and seeking approval of products and services to be purchased.
5. Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
6. Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
7. Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
8. Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
9. Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
10. Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
11. Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
12. Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
13. Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
14. Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
15. Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
16. Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
17. Work with team members and other departments to complete duties as needed.
18. Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.