We are an FMCG manufacturer and distributor based in Nairobi, Kenya for the past 65 years specializing in the manufacturing of various food products such as ice creams, yogurts & sauce. We are looking to recruit a driven and motivated individual to join us as a Procurement Officer to handle manage the local procurement department.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Key Roles, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Drive the procurement process for local sourcing, ensuring speed and accuracy
2. Negotiate on pricing with supplier and submit RFQ’s for comparison to the supervisor for final negotiations.
3. On board new suppliers using supplier evaluation / creation process
4. Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure services and goods are delivered within cost without compromising quality
5. Monitoring of consumption of raw materials through historical data from ERP as well as with different production and stores departments and the ability to plan and forecast the supply chain requirements to place orders with local suppliers on a timely basis.
6. Organize, co-ordinate and track local deliveries through daily supplier deliveries
7. Preparing and sharing PO’s with suppliers and obtaining order confirmations and anticipated delivery dates.
8. Follow up regularly with suppliers on status of orders vide phone, email & WhatsApp
9. Maintaining an up-to-date Local Suppliers Schedule
10. To source products / raw materials by way of searching online, networking, visiting trade shows and conduct market research to identify pricing trends
11. Update supervisor with reports on a daily, weekly and monthly reporting for orders outstanding
12. Provide reports on aged stock, consignment stock with relevant analysis on the same for manager to review
13. Liaise with warehouse to share relevant documentation required for the GRN process
14. Develop and implement SOP in Supply Chain Department and induct and train new employees to the procedures of the department.
15. To perform any other duties assigned
Qualifications / Requirements / Skills
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supplies, Supply Chain Management or related field
2. 2–5-year experience in supply chain operations, (in FMCG / Food Industry will be an added advantage)
3. Good planning and forecasting skills as well as filing and paperwork skills to ensure all documents are well filed and preserved for future audit purposes.
4. Excellent communication skills, customer service, team player & negotiation skills
5. Good knowledge of an ERP as well as excellent skills for MS Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.