Duties & Responsibilities:
- In liaison with the Supply Chain Officer, determine the company’s purchasing needs and departmental specifications.
- Ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the SOP Procurement Manual.
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for company equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost effective manner.
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Conduct negotiations on contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure added value, lowest total cost while ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Filing, invoicing, record keeping, following up payments, order disbursement and distribution, responding to inquiries, quotations.
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotes, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Analyzing invoices against receiving reports before authorization of payment to suppliers and making follow ups to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Monitoring purchases of capital or recurrent expenditure against budget and usage of goods and services within the organization to ensure minimal expenditure.
- Maintain regular contact with contracted suppliers to monitor adherence to delivery period according to the terms of procurement agreement.
- Preparation and sharing of departmental reports with the management team when needed.
- Tracking deliveries and sharing the same with the warehouse team.
- Liaising with the imports agents and ensuring the smooth flow of the process, minimizing associated costs with nil demurrages incurred.
Academic & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Economics, Finance, Operations, or a related area from a reputable institution.
- Diploma in Procurement/Supply chain.
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of procurement experience in a busy manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Kaizen and factory processes & technology.
- Working experience with an ERP preferably Syspro..
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills.
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability.