• Ensuring all control procedures set for procurement sections are always adhered to.
• Monitor the delivery of all goods and services to ensure that items are delivered as per orders and advice on any deviation
• Ensure that all suppliers have gone through the pre-qualification processes before engaging business with them.
• Ensure uninterrupted flow of equipment’s, spares & services from external sources through effective management of the procurement processes.
• Maintain effective relationships with existing sources of goods & services and develop other sources either as alternatives or to meet emerging or planned needs.
• Always maintain the approved supplier list.
• Coordinate purchasing activities e.g. annual tendering process, whilst ensuring the company’s cost structure is protected and that we obtain best value for money on all supplies.
• Negotiate with suppliers, raise purchase Indents, draft contracts with selected suppliers with approval from the Managing Director.
• Ensure and confirm there is no replication of spares, equipment’s being purchased
• Involve the technical team when purchasing spares and understand the use of an equipment/ spares being purchased
• Vetting of suppliers and ensure that the selected suppliers are credible, reliable and capable of delivering required goods and/or services.
• Negotiate with the supplies on the best payment terms and discounts
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
• Degree/Diploma in a business-related field
• At least 3 years working experience in Procurement
• Must have experience in the automotive industry
• Mature, Honest and possessing a high level of integrity
• Good Negotiation, Interpersonal skills and a good team player
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Computer literacy
Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline