1. Preparing, Follow up and searching of new tender opportunities specially with UN and NGO’s
2. Research potential vendors and come up with a list of vendors based on items to be procured.
3. Source for quotations from different suppliers for office, capital and project items.
4. Analyze costings offered by different suppliers and prepare a cost comparison report for different vendors.
5. Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices without compromising on quality.
6. Processing Local Purchase orders on a timely basis
7. Prepare purchasing budgets for different business units on time.
8. Track orders of procured items and communicate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery
9. Update the procurement database with order details like dates, vendors, quantities and discounts
10. Conduct market research to identify pricing trends and advise the supply chain manager on changing prices of items in the market.
11. Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts.
12. Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
13. Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
14. In consultation with the supply chain manager, formulates procurement policies, systems and procedures.
15. Develops procurement plan for goods and services.
16. Ensures boarding and disposal of unserviceable or obsolete stock
17. To establish a list of pre-qualified vendors.
18. Prepares periodic reports on procurement and presents the reports to management
19. Ensure that supplies are available when they are needed to meet changing levels of demand for the company’s products
20. Monitoring stock levels to ensure the production have enough stock at all times.
21. Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs for user departments
1. Holds BSC in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or its equivalent
2. Must have at least three (5) years’ experience as a procurement officer preferably in the construction industry and has experience in procurement works of NGO and UN Projects
3. Must be versed with procurement in the engineering and construction operations in East Africa, most preferable in South Sudan
4. Have proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex projects.
5. Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English and Arabic both orally and in writing, including strong phone skills, email communication
7. Demonstrate ability to forecast and qualify opportunities, assess prospect value and generate new sales.
8. Demonstrate ability to maintain high standards of accuracy.
1.Ladies are encouraged to apply.
2.Candidates who have worked in South Sudan are encouraged to apply.