Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Develop, align and execute the Company’s procurement strategy, policies and procedures.
• Prepare annual procurement plans for goods and services.
• Prequalify suppliers for goods and services and develop and manage supplier master data base.
• Manage the procurement process to achieve 100% procurement plan.
• Prepare tender documents in liaison with user departments.
• Prepare local purchase orders, quotations, and tenders for the Company.
• Prepare contract documents for services.
• Assist in managing Company inventory.
• Receive, open and evaluate proposals and quotations for goods and services.
• Receive and verify deliveries of materials/goods.
• Distribute office consumables to staff.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of all Company suppliers.
• Undertake market survey of relevant products.
• Conduct stock take on regular basis and reconciliation of physical stocks and records.
• Ensure that purchases arrive on schedule and meet specifications.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and annual procurement reports.
Key Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Procurement/Supply Chain Management or its equivalent.
• Must possess a recognized professional purchasing / supplies qualification – CIPS/CPSP or Diploma.
• Must be a member of KISM/ CIPS.
• Certificate of good conduct from DCI.
• At least three (3) year experience in similar assignments.
• Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a Company.
• Good knowledge of supplier and third-party management.
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
• Analytical skills.
• Good knowledge of public sector procurement rules and regulations.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Strong negotiation, organizational and communication skills.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day - time telephone number with Procurement Officer on the Subject line.