Reporting to the Managing Director, the key roles and responsibilities shall be as follows:
1. Conduct market research and needs assessment to determine suitable products to stock.
2. Prepare annual and monthly purchasing budget.
3. Conducting research on potential products, vendors and comparing price and quality to ensure the best deal. Building a network of reliable vendors and service providers, negotiating the best contracts.
4. Meeting with manufacturers and other vendors to negotiate the best prices and contract terms.
5. Liaising with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time.
6. Monitoring inventory and writing orders to refill stock.
7. Inspecting purchased products upon delivery and reporting any issues in a timely manner.
8. Enter all purchase details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into the ERP.
9. Receiving of Goods, Physical Check and GRN in software.
10. Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, invoices and any other documentation.
11. Attending events, shows, and exhibitions to network with vendors and view new products.
12. Writing reports on purchases made and performing cost analyses.
13. Attending and contributing to meetings with staff and other stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Finance, Economics or any other related field from a recognized institution.
• Full professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management and professional membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management with a valid practicing license an added advantage.
• Not less than of three years’ experience in supply chain management in a Medical or Pharmaceutical Distributorship Company or a Hospital Procurement Department is mandatory.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
• Thorough understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
• Skills in developing Service Level Agreements.
• Knowledge and experience in demand and supply system and best procurement practices.
• Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to lead, influence and drive initiatives in support of business strategies within the division.
• Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
• Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals.
• High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships.
• Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.