Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing
2. Set up and plan how to achieve supplier accreditation and service level management. Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with supplies. Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time
3. Draft, monitor, evaluate and improve appropriate service level agreement to properly evaluate the performance of suppliers, and report on this on a regular basis.
4. Maintain contracts with vendors. Payment terms negotiation, optimization and management
5. Coordinate annual overseas orders
6. Maintain good relationships with suppliers and renegotiate prices on a regular basis
7. Work with internal stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements
8. Develop sourcing strategies
9. Control and monitor expenses against approved budgets
10. Review inventory and update as required. Receive, inspect and distribute orders
11. Keep barcode asset and update asset register
12. Conduct periodic and annual asset stock take
13. Liaise with the accounts department for timely payment to vendors.
14. Provide necessary reporting as required
15. Analysis /evaluate and provide recommendations on lease or purchase policy
● Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement or equivalent.
● At least two to three years verifiable experience in the procurement field, pharmaceuticals and hospital experience shall have added advantage.
● Diploma in Procurement and Supplies management.
● CIPS certification and a member with a good standing of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) will have an added advantage.
● Good working knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006.
● Ability to analyze and evaluate data critically and prepare budgets
● Good accounting background and must be computer literate.