An organization in Nairobi is looking for a diligent steward to head its Procurement department. The candidate MUST be ethical, authentic and a person of high Integrity who will be responsible for end to end technical and mechanical sourcing operations. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve the sourcing activities by analyzing the company’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
• Getting the best quotations (Minimum 5 Quotes for each item)
• Prepare a comparison chart along with Techno commercial assessment.
• Negotiate prices and payment terms with suppliers under the guidance of the HOD.
• Searching for new potential suppliers
• Ensure the LPO contents are in order
• Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
• Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
• Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
• Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
• Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
• Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
• Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
• Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
• Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Proven work experience as a Procurement Officer
• ERP knowledge – Microsoft AX
• Technical background – Vehicles and generator parts
• Distribution and logistics knowledge
• Technical & mechanical parts sourcing experience
• Negotiation skills
• Good communicator
• Critical/analytical thinker
• Able to work under pressure for long hours
• Good in supplier management
• Organized and truthful
• Good planner
• Has an eye for detail
• Ability to multi-task.
• Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpretations of data.
• Solid in judgement with ability to make good decisions
• Bsc degree in supply chain management or logistics
Application from only qualified applicants.