Duties and Responsibilities for Product Development Specialist -Tanzania
• Conduct demo trials on selected products if, and as required, at commercial and small holder farms and generate supporting scientific data validating concepts to show performance of products to growers that will help to commercialize the products
• Responsible for all post registration development work in collaboration with the commercial team
• Work closely with the Regulatory and Development Lead to deliver new product registrations within the agreed timelines
• Manage existing registrations to ensure they are updated in Tanzania.
• Support in Label design and reviews to ensure they conform to country requirements and support marketing team in development of Technical product brochures/leaflets.
• Sales and marketing support; Play a key role in product launches and commercialization of new products
• Internal and external trainings for existing and new products. Conduct targeted field days on successful demo sites in liaison with the commercial teams.
• Provide Monthly Regulatory and Development reports for Tanzania
• Technical and regulatory trouble shooting, resolve/respond to product performance issues/farmer complains.
• Regular updates on products under development by the competition and their statuses.
• BSC Degree in Agriculture from a recognized institution
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in conventional and bio-pesticides product development or technical support.
• Working knowledge of weed science, plant pathology and entomology for specialty crops and accepted field-testing techniques used to evaluate product performance. Additional experience in biological crop protection is an added advantage.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• Must be willing to frequently travel independently to the rural areas.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal- Kiswahili and English)
• Computer literate with Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.