About the company
We are an ethical jewelry brand for socially minded customers. We are a human-first, tech-powered manufacturing platform. We are SOKO.
Built to preserve artisan techniques & support entrepreneurship, SOKO uses mobile technology to connect Kenyan artisans directly to us and the global marketplace. Unlike centralized factory production, we are using technology to empower the human workforce, not displace it. Our business model provides economic opportunity to marginalized artisans that transform lives and positively impact their surrounding communities.
- SOKO is B-Corp Certified.
- Our technology organizes 2,300+ independent, distributed artisans in 282 workshops throughout Kenya.
- Artisans working with SOKO earn 5X’s more than at an average artisan workshop.
- There are approximately 11,400 beneficiaries of revenue generated from sales.
- We improve artisan business and safety practices skill development and quality through training.
Job title : Product Manager
Reports to : Managing Director
Direct reports : None
Department : Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns and executes the product offering throughout the Product Life Cycle in collaboration with UX, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations, and Support teams
- Collaborates with engineering to align on product requirements, release plans, and roadmaps
- Champions Product vision and communicates effectively to stakeholders
- Leads engineering teams in grooming sessions for new features
- Collaborates with Business Units to create and drive demand and deployment success
- Defines Key Performance Indicators and operational and marketing metrics around new features
- Creates reports around new features and ongoing statuses of legacy features
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders, define the priority of new features and resolution of defects
- Collecting, creating and translating high-level business and user requirements into functional and technical requirements in an agile environment also through the creation of use cases, process flow, and design diagrams
- Providing useful technical feedback to design and architecture discussions
- Managing and owning development projects from inception through to completion/go-live on time and on budget including setting project schedules and identifying milestones
- Measuring, collecting, and synthesizing data and KPIs to understand and drive product value and decision making
- Communicating status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication with executives and senior managers
- Develop product plans, strategic plans and a solid understanding of the product’s value propositions for users with a variety of backgrounds from technology, business, compliance, and security. Use that understanding to provide continuous feedback on user needs back to the product roadmap and teams
- Coordinating between a growing team of BU Customers, key stakeholders, engineers and designers to drive product plans and strategy to completion
- Triaging potential issues as our platform evolves - providing answers where possible and redirecting questions to the engineering team as necessary
- Responsible for the success of a product by working with cross-functional teams including planning designing building testing and socializing.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in working with technology products, holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, has at least 4 years’ of relevant work experience and is able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience and passionate for Strategy, Product Management and owning end to end delivery of value
- Ability to work with a diverse set of technical and non-technical users, teams and stakeholders to build the next highest value for your customers and stakeholders
- High level of technical competence with working knowledge on technology stack for software applications. Has hands-on technical background and has worked on technology products.
- Experience managing unique and high rewarding projects in demanding timelines
- Experience in coordinating projects co-owned by multiple teams
- Experience with Product Management of Mobile Applications (iOS / Android)
- Experience with unblocking the team, writing shovel ready epics and user stories, and operating the mechanics of a Lean UI/UX and agile processes.
- Experience with a variety of technical architectures and environments.