Our client is an ed-tech company focused on serving the underserved student population in Africa that typically has little to no access to the internet.
● Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that will grow our subscriber base, improve customer experience and drive growth
● Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners, the chief of whom will constitute our current and future customers.
● Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
● Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
● Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
● Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
● Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
● Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
● Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
● Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
● Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
● Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
● Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
● Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
● Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
● Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in an organisation
● Understanding of UI/UX design tools eg Sketch, Figma and demonstrable experience designing experiences using them
● Understanding of Agile working methodologies and the accompanying tools eg JIRA, ASANA etc,
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.