REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION MANAGER
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the Factory Assistant include but not limited to the following:-
u) Administer and manage all the Factory operations and staff.
v) Supervise, administer and manage staff and operations within the Factory floor, including but not limited to receipt of green leaf, withering of received leaf, the CTC, the CFU, the Drier, parking and sorting processes and dispatch of made tea;
w) Allocate and manage of labour within the Factory;
x) In charge of the company health and safety policy and its implementation across all the operations;
y) Make periodical reports to the management on all the operations of the factory;
z) Raise the factory yearly budget estimates for inclusion in the budgetary process;
aa) Administer of the factory operations budget;
bb) Ensure that factory employees are periodically appraised and
cc) Any other duty as may be assigned by the Factory from time to time.
Required Qualifications & Technical Skills
The above position requires the following qualifications and skills:-
• High National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
• Knowledge in Human Resource Management and computer applications
Personal Attributes, Behaviour and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviours and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;s
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humour and ability to work under minimal supervision.