Direct report Operations Manager
Interface with All departments
Supervises Supervisors, Section Heads and Direct production teams
• Prepare production plans for all production activities as per customer orders.
• Reviewing status of production plan execution to make any necessary adjustments.
• Coordinating work-in-progress with proper work flow charts on the white boards allocated at different production departments and activities to ensure accurate quantities/qualities are produced.
• Monitoring utilization of raw materials from estimation, requisition, and production ensuring that wastages are minimal if not fully eliminated.
• Properly plan for on time production of standard/customized items such as filing cabinets to ensure minimum stock levels are always maintained and that customers do not suffer any short supplies.
• Actively participating in new product design and development to ensure that customers always have access to ever changing product experience.
• Ensuring the section heads/supervisors have made shift reports, handed over in a proper manner and reviewing department production reports as provided in various records.
• Liaising with stores for status of materials availability and assist in seeing that the reordering level is on time as well as maintaining the purchase requisition process.
• Coordinate all production activities within the department production floor with emphasis on production quantity, efficiency and quality.
• Leading in brainstorming activities and inspiring staff to give innovative ideas with the aim of improving quality, productivity and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
• Enforcing company policies and procedures to staff within department while ensuring communication is done effectively to staff on production floor.
• Prepare and share such reports as may be required by management from time to time.
• Any other duties as may be allocated by the management from time to time.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
• Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
• Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
• Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
• Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
• Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
• Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
• Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
• Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
• Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
• Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
• Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
• Embraces personal challenge.
• Confident, rounded thinking
• Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
• Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
• A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
• Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
Records to Maintain
• Daily Production Report
• Manpower details
• Production Plans
• Any other relevant reports as guided by management from time to time.
• A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Additional certificate in Welding and Fabrication will be an added advantage.
• Over 6 years of experience in a busy sheet Metal Welding and Fabrication environment.
• Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
• Profound and on job understanding of all types of welding.
• Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage.
• Good leadership and man management skills
• Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
• Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
• Good written, verbal and presentation skills
• Good organizational and follow-up skills
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making