The Production manager will be responsible of ensuring sufficient availability of and efficient utilisation of production resources in order to produce sufficient and quality products
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:7 years
Employer: A Medium Size Processing Company
Ref No: Sgk-Pm-05-2022
Job Category: Management
- Bachelor’s degree in food science and technology, food nutrition and dietetics, industrial chemistry, analytical chemistry and manufacturing, production or any other relevant production related discipline.
- Qualified and proficient in ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 and a qualified ISO systems auditor.
- Seven (7) years of experience in a busy production industry (3) of which must have been in supervisory level in an food production environment.
Production manager will be responsible of ensuring sufficient availability of and efficient utilisation of production resources in order to produce sufficient and quality products by performing the following duties: -
- Strategy formulation and execution: formulate and execute the production strategy and budgets to ensure that production operates optimally and is aligned to the overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Budgeting: regularly prepare budgets and cost estimates for production in order to manage the cost of production in real time.
- Production planning: ensure timely production planning through: work closely with the sales administrator in forecasting production demand by forward planning and execution of production plans; planning and organizing production schedules.
- Production execution: ensure a smooth production flow by: timely assembling of required raw and production material in order to produce sufficient and quality products meeting market demand and expectations; allocating work to production staff by dividing responsibilities and tasks across the team to make production more efficient and achieve the production target as per the production plan by setting up, monitoring and verifying all production targets of the day.
- Production monitoring: monitor production activities to ensure production of quality products by: adhering to the specified standards in order to sufficiently meet market demand for great customer experience and ensure that all quality products produced are kept in the right place in the store and registered in the system for their safety, easier access and accountability.
- Production efficiency: attain set production efficiency by: ensuring all production machines and resources are working and in good condition to achieve set standards of overall equipment efficiency (oee); ensuring minimal waste generation during production by training, implementing, monitoring and evaluating waste generation minimization activities; enforcing asset care practices to enhance efficiency and life of the production equipment; track the plant performance metrics and lead the conception and implementation of methods that improve efficiency, utilization rate, productivity year on year on quality, speed cost with the aim of achieving world class utilisation standards; create an environment that supports the development and implementation of new ideas, improved methods, systems and work processes that will lead to reduction of production costs and drive the utilization of available automation in the day to day operations.
- Team management: cultivate a high-performance culture by: communicating company policies to production staff through training, sensitization and enforcing the policies in order to achieve high performance and great staff experience; maintaining discipline among production staff through training, sensitization and enforcing of production rules, regulations and the company code of conduct for great staff experience and ensuring great staff experience by assigning roles, tasks to each and compensating them accordingly.
- Compliance: drive compliance with all safety, health and environment standards, policies and procedures in the plant through training, reviews and taking corrective action to non-compliant employees.
- Reporting: compile production reports and any other report related to production to aid in decision making.
Salary: kshs. 120,000 - 140,000 plus company benefits
Important Safety Tips
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budget