- Working with staff from other departments, such as the sales division, to understand the customer's exact requirements.
- Deciding what materials will be used and how much they will cost.
- Deciding what machinery will be used.
- Deciding how many workers will be needed.
- Calculating how long it will take to complete the job.
- Drawing up a production schedule which details all the tasks that need to be done and when they must be completed for the goods to be ready on time.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, the human resources team and maintenance staff to make sure that all materials, workers, and machinery will be ready when they are needed.
- Checking the progress of the job and making sure that the schedule is being followed.
- Dealing quickly with any problems that may delay progress, such as machinery breakdowns or staff shortages.
- Using computer software to collect and analyses figures and to produce schedules and reports.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time as management may deem necessarily
Required Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, Production Management, Project Management, operations, or any related course
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a Production Planner in the manufacturing industry
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems.
- Knowledge in ISO / Kaizen / 6S methodology
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be able to make decisions quickly and sometimes under pressure.
- Have excellent organizational skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be comfortable working with figures.
- Be able to work quickly, accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Possess IT skills.
- Understand manufacturing processes.
- Be able to cope with deadlines and other pressured situations.
- Leadership Skills