Employer: A leading supplier of printing, converting and packaging industry solutions
Ref no: SGK-P & PMM-09-2021
Job Category: Management
Salary: kshs. 150,000 - 250,000 plus company benefits
- Bachelors degree in engineering, business administration or any related field. Those who have worked in a printing or related sector will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a busy production/manufacturing factory mainly being in charge of production processes and ensuring sound maintenance of the machinery/equipment used in processing.
- Create and implement maintenance procedures.
- Plan and manage all repair and installation activities. Ensure all machinery are at their working standards.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Ensure all staffs adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
- Supervise and lead all production and maintenance processes and operations.
- Analyse breakdowns, diagnose faults and supervise time critical equipment repairs.
- Evaluate losses related to maintenance on daily basis and address to increase line performance.
- Proper planning & coordination with production team on maintenance activities.
- Monitor usage of utilities and implement improvement initiatives daily manage and reduce overall maintenance cost by monitoring and tracking maintenance related expenses.
- Ensure 100% equipment availability on daily basis. Track machine performance on hourly basis and close abnormalities on daily basis.
- Implementation of quality requirements and regulatory requirements on maintenance activities to eliminate negative impact on material quality.
- Evaluate and implement operational excellence system in the company such as kaizen. Propose improvement in terms of machinery, cost cutting, factory lay out and overall performance of the production activity.
- Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements and facility.
- Establish and maintain minimum and maximum stock levels to ensure availability of spare parts. Review execution of preventative maintenance schedules and advise production team on any improvement required. Execute weekly preventative maintenance meetings and address the gaps identified.
- Provide leadership and direction to the production and maintenance team to ensure maximum productivity at all times by driving maintenance related initiatives that contributes to long term operational excellence.
- Carry out quarterly performance review using the appraisal tool to monitor progress and ensure the team meets their set targets within the required time lines.
- Provide feedback in order to support the growth both at the individual and business level. Increase the capability of the operators to fix abnormalities, restore and keep the machine in basic conditions through knowledge transfer.
- Increase the capability of the maintenance technicians to maintain and improve the machines and eliminate abnormalities.