Department: Production & Quality Control
Reports: General Manager
Direct Reports: 18
Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the production processes, examining products to determine their quality, and engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
• Manage the Health and safety aspects off the department.
• Prepare accurate schedules of work for all staff in the department.
• Create career paths and skill development avenues.
• Ensure that there is succession planning within the department.
• Manage the overtime allocation as per the budgetary allocation.
• Create and Manage the leave plans within the department.
• Train the staff within the department on various aspects of their roles
• Planning and scheduling for plant repair and maintenance
• Organising/sourcing for the right quality of spare parts for the plants
• Planning for the right technicians for the maintenance of plants
• Communicating with the relevant stakeholders on planned repairs and maintenance as well as unplanned break downs
• Ensuring proper utilization of the batching plants with regards to the capacity of the respective batching plants
• Ensure that daily plant maintenance checklist is adhered to.
• Liaise with the procurement of the right quality of raw materials are purchased.
• Advise procurement on any changes in terms of quality of raw materials.
• Plan on the proper staking criteria for raw materials that will minimise loss, deterioration of quality and wastage.
• Advise procurement on stock levels and stock requirements (per raw material) as advised by the delivery & Sales plans.
• Explain the raw material variances on daily , weekly and monthly basis
• Management of production wastages within the set margins according to the budget
• Advise on the quality of raw materials required for the batching process.
• Create and implement the quality standards of the concrete batched.
• Receive and manage customer complaints to do with quality of concrete delivered.
• Ensure that cube tests are carried out and the results sent timely.
• Coming up with quality competitive mixed design for the company products
• Site Safety, Health and Environment coordinator/ sponsor.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the yard
• Cleanliness of site
• Site organisation
• Managing guards
• Controlling movement in & out of site
• Overtime utilization Vs Budget
• Productivity Index (M3 batched per production staff) (Total Overtime Vs M3 batched)
• Staff growth and development programs/trainings carried out.
• Succession Planning & Career paths in place
• Percentage of concrete batched Vs Plant capacity
• Repair and maintenance cost Vs budgeted.
• No. of downtime hours due to unplanned maintenance
• Zero batching errors experiences
• Actual batching plant wastage Vs budgeted wastage
• Zero cases of stock outs of raw materials
• Zero cases of material deterioration due to improper storage
• 100% of conformance of raw materials to agreed upon guidelines
• Mixed design cost Vs Budget allocated
• Quality Vs Cost
Health & Safety
• No. of first aid administered within the department.
• 100% compliance with agreed upon safety & Health Standards.
• No. of Health & Safety programs attended.
• Zero accidents related to lack of adherence of Health & Safety guidelines
• 100% adherence to the safety drills schedules
• No. of accidents recorded Vs near misses
• Add security goals
• Add Site cleanliness
• Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering/Building Technology
• Professional Affiliation: Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya
• Experience: At least 7 Years’ Experience working in Construction industry
• Knowledge: Concrete products, Concrete production & testing
• Skills, abilities & Core Competencies: Strategic Planning, excellent Organization skills, sound business acumen Leadership & Personnel Management, Project Management & Attention to detail
• Behaviours: Accountability and utmost integrity
Note: This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending on operational requirements.