Production Supervisor - Athi River
Engineering & Technology
Organize and manage the designated equipment, staff, and production materials to efficiently and safely meet the quality, efficiency, and production targets. Direct, motivate, train and assist your team to achieve all production targets that conform to quality specifications.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Job Code (Ref): PS
You will report to the Factory Lead.
2. THE PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION ARE TO:
• Organize and manage the designated equipment, staff, and production materials to efficiently and safely meet the quality, efficiency, and production targets.
• Direct, motivate, train and assist your team to achieve all production targets that conform to quality specifications.
• Work closely with the Factory Management and Process Development team to improve processes, reduce costs and introduce new products/processes efficiently.
3. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 Be familiar at all times with:
• Production targets and production budgets for the products being manufactured.
• Processes for ongoing and intended production.
• All elements of the factory layout and equipment relevant to production.
• Standard operating procedures and HR procedures relevant to managing your staff.
• Staffing structure and job descriptions/responsibilities of all your staff.
• Operations of the Process Development, QC, and QA functions.
• Firefighting and safety requirements and procedures.
• Maintenance procedures and schedules.
• Production reporting and MIS structure.
3.2 To Organize Your Staff into an efficient and cost-effective production team:
• Coordinate with the Factory Management to optimize staffing levels.
• Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
• Ensure that your team is aware of the production targets and the detailed process steps.
• Designate specific responsibilities to implement the process steps and achieve targets.
• Ensure your team is aware of safety and fire precautions and reporting of incidents.
• Organize your team schedules including workstation assignments/rotations, training, staff vacations, breaks, absence, overtime assignments and shift rotations, etc.
• To manage your team in a way that ensures optimum cost-effectiveness for the company and avoids any potential staff issues and litigation. In undertaking this function, ensure that your team does not create a safety hazard to themselves, others, or the facilities.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of individual staff and identify any need for training, reassignment, and discipline. Where competent to do so, provide the training.
• Contribute to the development of HR procedures by recommending improvements.
3.3 To manage Production to meet targets and budget:
• Ensure shifts operate smoothly for the full shift period, staff report to their work stations on time, and attend to operations efficiently.
• Ensure all process steps are followed meticulously.
• Make adjustments as necessary to ensure that quality and efficiency are maintained.
• To take immediate action if there are any deviations from the process, targets, or incidences.
• Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and product and shift changeovers.
• Ensure facilities are kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
• Follow-up and reporting of all incidents relating to production, safety, and discipline.
3.4 You will coordinate closely with your direct supervisor and the head of other departments to ensure the smooth and effective running of operations:
• Factory Lead. To address issues promptly to ensure that targets/procedures are met and production is optimized, and to identify/develop potential improvements.
• QC/QA. To ensure QA and QC requirements/functions are effectively achieved.
• Process Development team to improve process efficiency.
• Maintenance. Ensure equipment is maintained and downtime minimized.
• Stores and procurement. Correct reporting/handling of all production stocks and timely requisition and supply of production requirements.
• HR. Effective resolution of HR issues.
3.5 Record Keeping; Other Documentation; Meeting Attendance.
• Accurately complete all the relevant paperwork on time, including BPRs, and systematically file same.
• Report the shift’s production output, material usage, and staff utilization against targets. Flag deviations and recommend rectification action.
• Update process SOPs as may be required.
• Attend production meetings and EHS meetings.
3.6 To ensure that production is carried out in compliance with.
• All relevant Statutory Safety Regulations.
• Company Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
3.7 When required, perform any other duty that may be reasonably requested.
4. LEVEL OF AUTHORITY AND CHAIN OF COMMAND.
• You will work directly with your team to achieve these objectives and you will have direct authority over these staff.
• If you have any difficulty managing your team or maintaining discipline you must seek assistance from the factory management to satisfactorily resolve the issue.
5. IMPROVED PERFORMANCE AND REDUCED COST OF PRODUCTION.
5.1 An important element of your role will be to assist the Factory Management to improve the level of throughput, process efficiency, and labor productivity and to minimize the cost of production.
5.2 You should view all elements of your work in production from this perspective and constantly assess and recommend ways to improve these factors.
6. KPIs - YOUR PERFORMANCE SHALL BE MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Achieving production and quality targets. 30%
• Maintaining the cost of production within the budget 20%
• Zero fire/accident incidences and HR issues. 20%
• Eliminate rework and uphold on-time delivery 30%
7. INABILITY TO CARRY OUT THESE ROLES
Should any development arise that precludes you from carrying out these duties effectively, or that will prevent production/maintenance/fire and safety targets/procedures from being met, immediately inform the Production Lead, Factory Manager, or Technical Manager.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured