Position: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR -BUILDING MATERIALS (FOR A COMPANY DEALING WITH MANUFACTURING OF BUILDING MATERIALS)
Employer: A LEADING MANUFACTURING COMPANY DEALING WITH SPECIALIZED BUILDING MATERIALS
Ref No: SGK-PS-01-2022
Industry: MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION
Job Category: SUPERVISORY
• Bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering, production engineering or any other engineering related fields.
• Must be registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya with a valid practicing license.
• Knowledge of industrial machine operation.
• Understanding of tile product process flows.
• Ability to understand and execute a production plan.
• Sound understanding of bills of materials.
• Excellent quality orientation.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial production supervision preferably in stone or color coating 2 years at supervisory level.
• Those with experience in the construction will have an added advantage.
Production supervisor -building materials overall purpose is to supervise the production process to ensure quality and timely production of finished goods in line with prescribed production specifications in the bill of materials (BOM). Other duties includes: -
• Prepare and submit raw materials requisitions in line with the production plan (apr).
• Plan and allocate work to the production team to ensure efficient and quality production of finished products in line with the apr.
• Continuously monitor the production process in liaison with the quality team to ensure conformity to prescribed production parameters.
• Ensure the production process complies with health and safety, environmental guidelines and other statutory and regulatory standards adopted by the company.
• Report production machine breakdowns and follow up the repair works with the maintenance team to forestall down time.
• Prepare periodic reports including but not limited to production and raw material consumption reports, finished goods reports and daily raw materials inventory reports in a timely manner.
• Prepare the production plan for accessory bending and ensure the finished products meet the prescribed specifications.
• Carry out on the job training for the production team to impart the required knowledge and skills for effective execution of work.
• Make requisition for additional casual workers and remuneration in order to ensure timely settlement of casual salaries and allowances.
• Operate the company’s crane in the factory shopfloor in line with established guidelines.
• Manage the inventory of work in progress in the factory shop floor to ensure accountability of the inventories.
• Lead, motivate, coach and develop the production team to ensure high productivity and engagement in the production unit.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor staff performance through periodic performance reviews in line with the company’s performance management cycle.
• Any other work that may be assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor from time to time.
Salary: KSHS. 60,000 - 100,000 PLUS GENEROUS COMPANY BENEFITS