The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of production at the plant ensuring sufficient quantities and quality is produced to meet the internal and external customer demands. The position ensures the production plant is aligned to meet operating goals within the established budget, maintain safety efforts and meet country and company regulations and requirements.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Coordinate production activities through the Head of Production to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Review production schedules and product orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and production-related activities relating to safety and quality
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels at the yard to service internal and external customers’ needs. Monitor inventory of materials in the plant daily and that documentation is provided accordingly
- Manage the daily responsibilities of plant personnel including directing work, disciplining when required, conducting performance reviews, training employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Take charge of in process sampling and analytical testing during production
- Communicate and partner with Head of Production and Human Resources concerning personnel issues including disciplinary action, incident reporting or hiring / termination
- Analyse the daily production report and performance report of machines to ensure minimum machine downtime and consistency in the flow of the production line
- Contribute to the success of site goals & objectives through participation in activities to further advance safety, quality, productivity, costs and morale throughout the plant
- Promote safety at the plant by holding employees accountable for their actions, conducting training sessions and constant communication
- Understanding of all construction chemicals requirements, quality control needs and verify any changes that are made to the requirements for production
- Inspect equipment and process system breakdowns, determine repairs needed and write work orders. Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Manage staff development by ensuring the competence and development of department employees by initiating training, coaching, counselling, mentoring and accountability
- Enforce operational safety by enforcing compliance with all government regulations, environmental, OSHA, and company standards and take corrective actions when needed
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in site environments to improve routine and non-routine tasks
- Maintain good housekeeping and incorporate floor organization and plant cleanliness in work areas and assist in general clean-up.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production, or related field
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the building/chemical production industry
- Sound knowledge of construction chemicals facilities requirements, processes, operations and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of production planning and inventory management techniques.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good management skills with hands-on capability management style.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Able to demonstrate credibility and presence within the company and be able to influence and collaborate with staff in a variety of situations
- Team-oriented, forward-thinking, creative, and naturally curious.
- Process-oriented and can facilitate the use of systems
- Self-starter, high energy level with an ability to provide solution to teams
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity