Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County.
EXTERNAL ACADEMIC STAFF
BUC seeks to recruit Adjunct and Visiting Academic Staff in all its Schools. The said staff should be at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer.
For Adjunct and Visiting Staff, BUC targets people in academic, research, employment or professional practice outside the university, who would add value to departments in which they seek engagement with respect to their commercial, industrial or professional experience. They must also demonstrate extraordinary skills as a result of their experience and professional standing. Engagement of Adjunct and Visiting staff will therefore, be undertaken at an individual basis depending on the niche area.
Interested applicants are requested to visit the Commission for University Education (CUE) for details on such positions.
Professor, BUC Scale 15
1. Must have a Doctorate Degree or its academic equivalent from a recognized/accredited institution.
2. Must have cumulative or evidence of 3 years of teaching and research experiences as an Associate Professor.
3. At least sixty (60) equivalent publication points since attaining Associate Professorship or equivalent of which at least forty (40) should be from refereed scholarly journals.
4. Must have Supervised a minimum of (5) postgraduate student to completion, at least two at doctoral level.
5. Attended and contributed at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
6. Be registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
7. Evidence of having attracted research or development funding as an Associate professor or equivalent.
8. Evidence of contribution to community, national and international life.
9. Evidence of contribution to University life through participation in departmental matters staff mentoring student’s academic advising, school and university meetings and committees, membership and others.
1. Teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and graduate level.
2. Supervise undergraduate projects and another experiential learning programmes.
3. Supervise dissertations/theses at the graduate level.
4. Develop undergraduate and graduate courses.
5. Initiate, promote and participate in research projects and publish.
6. Though optional, giving an inaugural lecture in one’s discipline normally within one (1) year after promotion.
7. Provide academic leadership throug programme development, mentoring and research.
8. Provide professional and community services including initiating linkages and fundraising.
9. Counsel and mentor students 10. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITIONS
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 30th November, 2020. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.