The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-K is collaborating with the University of Maryland, Baltimore CIHEB-Kenya, with funding from Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to strengthen health systems for the provision of HIV prevention and treatment services, roll-out case-based surveillance systems and to support national vaccine preparedness and disease prevention.
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Overall Job Summary
The Program Director will provide leadership in the implementation of program activities aimed at strengthening the framework that supports vaccine preparedness, training, clinical mentorship of MOH leadership and health care providers to support roll-out. The position will; lead the technical strategy, ensure the implementation of technical best practices in line with country policies and procedures and guide inputs needed to ensure quality and effectiveness of program. The position will also provide oversight and guide the implementation of technical assistance approaches and provision of evaluation of project effectiveness and performance and will ensure optimal use of resources (human, financial and physical), within the program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead engagement with relevant Ministry of Health (MoH) institutions such as National Vaccines and Immunization Programs (NAVIP) and Disease Surveillance and Response Unit (DSRU) in enhancing their technical leadership in public health emergency preparedness and response.
- Support the MoH to establish a framework that supports SARS COVID-19 vaccine preparedness and roll-out.
- Participate in relevant national and county Technical Working Group (TWG)s leading to the development of applicable policies, guidelines and standards to guide COVID-19 vaccine use in Kenya.
- Work closely with MOH and with county governments and in collaboration with other partners to roll-out COVID-19 vaccine
- Lead technical teams in MoH and at county levels in utilization of data for monitoring, and reporting.
- Represent CIHEB-Kenya at important technical and policy related meetings at county and national level, donor and other stake holder fora
- Preparation of donor reports and quarterly and annual donor meetings.
- Involved in the performance management for TRACK Staff.
- A Medical-related degree; Master’s degree in relevant medicine or public health
- Registration with Medical practitioners and dentists board
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership position managing complex public health programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience collaborating with stakeholders in public health including national and county health management teams