This a full time position based in Nairobi and whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent.
Reporting to the Hub Leader, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
i. Overall grant management and effective implementation of the project and WEE Hub programs.
ii. Day to day project implementation, activity planning, execution and reporting.
iii. Supervising the activities of Accounts assistant, logistics officer and administrative assistant.
iv. Putting in place mechanisms for effective implementation, monitoring, risk management and reporting on the projects.
v. Ensuring the preparation of financial and programmatic reports in line with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and university requirements
vi. Ensuring effective and efficient use of project resources, ensuring that laid out processes are followed in disbursement, of use and reporting on project funds and resources.
vii. Facilitating prioritization, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of project activities.
viii. Ensuring that Hub staff are adequately resourced and facilitated in performance of their duties.
ix. Working closely with the research director to ensure efficient implementation of the research activities.
x. Performing any other duties assigned by the Hub leader for the effective running of the Hub.
• Applicants must have a Bachelors degree in a management field. Those with a Masters degree in a relevant management field will have added advantage.
• They must also have training on Project Planning and Management.
• Applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years work experience in project planning, management and budgeting.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Proven leadership skills and team building
• Ability to work with diverse teams
• Ability to work under pressure
• Communication and problem-solving skills
• Big picture thinking
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to delegate tasks
• Excellent oral, written and analytical skills
• Ability to manage diverse stakeholders
• Conflict resolution skills
• High level of proficiency with technology including project management tools
• Client oriented attitude
• Experience in working with women/gender related organisations
1. Applicants should email their application letters and certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
2. Applications and related documents should be addressed to The Principal, College of Humanities and Social Sciences and forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments, where applicable.
3. Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
4. The application letter must bear the reference code as shown in the advertisement.
5. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2020.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.