Roles and responsibilities
• Manage the team of (currently 8) local BoP marketing experts located across the program countries and a digital innovation specialist based in Nairobi.
• Coordinate the involvement of BoPInc technical advisors from BopInc's head office in the Netherlands and its East-Africa office. Their expertise should be used on topics such as behavioural change, last-mile distribution, women entrepreneurship and innovation.
• Participate as full member of the Program Management Team, consisting of representatives of all consortium organizations.
• Responsible for the optimal utilization of the budget of BoPInc within 2SCALE, and to prepare financial reports on this together with BoPInc's controller.
• Provide leadership within the program on BoP marketing & distribution of nutritious food products.
• Oversee and manage the program’s external communication through www.2SCALE.org, its social media channels as well as presence at external events.
• Ensure alignment of 2SCALE’s work with BoPInc’s organisational strategy and other active projects within BoPInc to leverage resources.
• Build on the 2SCALE partnerships and learnings to support new business development opportunities for BoPInc.
• Next to managing the 2SCALE program, the Program Manager will actively support BoPInc’s expansion of the East Africa office through Business Development and (strategic) programmatic support.
Qualifications and educational requirements
• Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, development economics and/or agricultural economics;
• At least 10 years of work experience of which 5 years in a similar role;
• Experience in management responsibility in multi-country programs;
• Experience in implementing projects in consortia with other organizations;
• Knowledge of the broader agribusiness sector in Africa;
• Deep understanding of marketing & distribution in African BoP consumer markets;
• Willing to frequently travel across Africa and to the Netherlands;
• Strong working knowledge of the French language in speaking, reading and writing (at least level B2)
Leadership, Effective communication, Agility, result oriented and strategic & organizational awareness
What we offer
• A motivated, multidisciplinary and culturally diverse team of professionals
• Culture of dedication to delivery whilst also ensuring creativity and innovativeness
• International travel to connect to our global team
• Market-based remuneration and conditions (based on a national contract)
• Flexible office hours and opportunity to work from home
How and by when to apply
you can apply via the button below. Only applications received through this platform are eligible.
Deadline: 1st of July 2020
Startdate: 1st September 2020 (preferred) *
* In light of the COVID-19 pandemic: please note that this start date might change and is dependent on the severity of the COVID-19 restrictions in 2SCALE program countries.
For further information about the position please contact 2SCALE program manager Niek van Dijk at email@example.com or MD Emile Schmitz at firstname.lastname@example.org