The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a?Program Officer (PO)?for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the?Kenya Elections Support Programme?(KESP).? The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:?
o Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
o Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
o An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and,
o Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The PO will provide technical and operation support to the IFES-Kenya field office. Specifically, PO will support the Deputy Country Director (DCD) to ensure program implementation remains on track and adheres to technical demands.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Support implementation of activities as directed by the DCD or other designated supervisor, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks.
o Provide input into the annual workplan drafting process.
o Coordinate with implementing partners and participate in roundtables or other events per DCD’s guidance.
o Help monitor IFES’ outreach program and relationships with partners.
o Assist in conducting workshops and similar program activities.
o Support in the design and preparation of training materials.
o Conduct trainings for partners.
o Provide support to consultants.
o Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly and quarterly performance reports.
o Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection.
o Maintain crucial project documents, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the CD.
o Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, communicate these items with the CD, and work to identify potential solutions.
o Closely monitor the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task, raise potential delays with the CD.
o Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met.
o Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations.
o Other duties as assigned by the DCD or CD.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
• Training experience including material development, design and implementation of training activities.
• Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
• Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
• Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international relations or related field required.
• 4 years of experience working with international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs.
• Experience working on donor funded programs.
• Familiarity with FCDO project implementation requirements is preferred.
• Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the gender and inclusion field.
• Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage.
• Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.