Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options Consultancy Services seeks a Programme Manager based in Nairobi, Kenya to be responsible for the effective and efficient project management for Options Consultancy Services. They will work closely with other Options’ Team members in the UK and Kenya to ensure that all work is carried out is to high standards and support the development of the organisation as a whole
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient project management of long and short-term projects for a variety of clients in Options.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader or Project Lead, the programme manager will ensure projects are carried out on time and to budget in line with Options’ quality standards of delivery.
The role will report directly to the Country Representative and will be based in Options Nairobi office with some overseas and national travel.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Masters in a relevant subject area or equivalent professional experience
- Significant experience of working in international development at programme management level
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing programmes
- Experience in managing large and/or complex donor funded budgets
- Knowledge and experience from working in low and/or middle-income countries
- Experience of developing and managing contracts
- Experience of networking and building successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators and consultants
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Candidates will need to evidence the right to work in Kenya
- To apply, please fill in the form by clicking the Apply Now Button
- Closing date for applications is: 25 October
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).