The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya. More details of our mandate and contacts can be found in the website www.nacc.or.ke. In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Reports to Head, Policy & Strategy Division
Grade NACC 4
Department Policy, Monitoring & Research Business
Assist in development, review and implementation of HIV policy and strategic framework across all levels.
1. Estimate resource needs for the development, review and dissemination of HIV policies, guidelines and strategies and prepare operational work plans and budgets.
2. Identify and mobilise stakeholders to resource the development and review of policies, guidelines, and strategies in the HIV response.
3. Review and analyze HIV policies, guidelines and strategies based on emerging science, technology, and epidemic appraisals.
4. Participate in the development of HIV policies, guidelines, and plans.
5. Facilitate establishment of mechanisms for the development, monitoring and review of HIV strategies, policies, and plans.
6. Provide technical support in the development and implementation of County HIV operational frameworks and plans.
7. Prepare the operational work plans and budget for the department.
8. Prepare quarterly, biannual, and annual implementation reports.
9. Participate in the development of the Council’s internal policies and plans.
10. Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
• A bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Epidemiology, Education, Social Sciences, Strategic Management, Statistics, Public Administration, Project Management, or closely related fields
• At least 5 Years’ Experience in development and implementation of strategies and policies with a bias in Health and HIV fields; of which (3) of which have been at a Supervisory level.
• High level understanding of development of HIV policy, guidelines, and strategy development and/or implementation.
• Understanding of the rights-based approach to programme design and implementation.
• Experience in working with diverse teams
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strategic and innovative thinking.
• Good interpersonal skills; and
• Strong oral and written communication skills
The above positions are on three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Monday, October 18, 2021 to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. In addition to the indicated requirements all candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity. This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct
2. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity for Public Servants
3. Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
4. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
5. Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200