Reports to: Amboseli/Chyulu Sub-landscape Coordinator
To ensure accurate financial accounting & reporting of the financial progress of projects, investigate variances, post expenses, and ensure that various projects billings are issued and payments made in accordance with WWF Kenya financial policies and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities
Management of Staff advances
- Prepares and verifies travel documentation and payments of staff advances and other allowances related to project activities
- Reviews staff surrenders for accuracy & completeness before posting into the organization’s accounting software
- Carries out monthly staff account reconciliation & issue staff account statements on a monthly basis
- Reviews all invoices & ensures that all necessary support documentations are provided prior to posting in the accounting ledger
- Makes payments to suppliers through the organization’s banking platform in accordance with WW-Kenya finance policy
- Carries out supplier reconciliation on a monthly basis and resolves any disputes within the shortest time possible
- Creates project accounts in the accounting system and maintains project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Performs accurate transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Reviews weekly timesheets for work related to projects
- Verifies and approves payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers and suppliers’ invoices and account totals related to the project
- Ensures prompt and effective investigation of project variances and submits variance reports to Programme Accountant
- Closes out projects accounts upon project completion
- Prepares and submits donor financial reports related to project
- Visits grant implementing partners to provide support & ensure compliance in grant spending and reporting
- Verifies all petty cash vouchers for accuracy & completeness
- Posts petty cash expenses in the accounting ledger
- Prepares a monthly reconciliation of the petty cash account
- Ensures that all bank transactions are posted in the accounting ledger
- Carries out a monthly bank reconciliation within the stipulated timelines
- In conjunction with the programs team, prepares a monthly cash forecast for the landscape office
- Ensure adequate cash balances for Mobile money & bank accounts
- Files and archives all accounting & supporting documents appropriately
- Assists in donor, internal & external audits
- Month end reporting-participate in month end closure of accounts as assigned
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Strong financial management, corporate risks management and capital project appraisal skills;
- Sound knowledge of donor compliance regulations;
- Exceptional customer focus,
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Knowledge of Accounting software and (knowledge of an ERP system presents an added advantage;
- Ability to optimize operations, reduce costs, improve service quality, build new business and forge loyalty with clients, vendors and external business partners;
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within resource and time constraints;
- Budgeting and Budget Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and implement strategic initiatives within the context of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/or other related fields.
- Bachelors degree in Business field such as accounting, finance, strategic management, etc.,
- CPA III
- 3 years of experience in projects finance and accounting & reporting;
- Experienced in financial budgeting and strategy; business evaluation and advice, risk management and corporate governance, managed statutory requirements¸ financial accounting and reporting;
Internal: interacts with Heads of Departments, Finance & Operations staff and All WWF Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with WWF Network, Government Ministries and department, Civil Society Organizations, Service Providers and suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: email@example.com to be received not later than 15th May 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.