Basic Responsibilities: Project Architect responsible for multidiscipline projects with sub consultants. Supervises the preparation and checks the accuracy of contract documents. Takes leadership role in project phases: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding and Negotiation and Construction Administration. Be able to handle up to three projects of value between Kshs.500-750M concurrently at various job stages.
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Project Director.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:-
• Act as a technical expert with regard to specialized designs and will offer firm-wide support with regard to ensuring a quality design process.
• May approve level of effort estimates for project managers or other architects as assigned by Group Manager.
• Has supervisory or lead responsibility over a technical team comprising of architects, architectural assistants, and project administrative assistants.
• Requires broad training, education and experience in architectural design, analysis, report writing, oral presentations and client relations.
• Demonstrates a high degree of competence, capabilities and architectural experience resulting from progressive responsibilities.
• Interfaces with clients at a technical and contract level.
• Competence in using IT resources including Revit/ArchiCAD/Bim 360/Office 365 essential.
• Makes independent decisions on architectural problems and methods. May be assigned to check the work of others. Performs assignments that may require the development of new or improved architectural techniques and procedures. Applies skills to minimize risks and vulnerabilities and seeks means to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Reviews and approves all work performed under his supervision. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all codes and standards.
• Supervises the preparation and checks the accuracy of contract documents.
• Incorporates applicable codes, construction techniques and sequences in various projects including all aspects of cross disciplines.
• Capable of providing leadership and motivation to a team that is performing a sequence of tasks in order to meet milestones. This applies to internal and external teams including engineers, quantity surveyors and other specialists.
• Capable of directing a project from Stage 3 – Scheme design to Stage 6 – Defects Liability period.
• Work to meet or exceed QA Standards
• All other duties assigned by Project Director.
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Degree in Architecture from globally recognized University.
• Licensed Architect.
• 6-10 years of experience and is responsible for significant project activities.
• Knowledge of/ability to take lead in adoption of Revit/BIM as basis of operations.
• Interest in emerging architectural specialization e.g. Sustainability, Project Management.
This position operates in a professional office environment based in Nairobi. Site visits will be required in line with the project stage and location of project within Kenya and South Sudan.
1. 2-3-year contract with salaries and benefits commensurate with skill, experience and leadership abilities.