Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Directs Reports: Project Supervisors/ Site Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical Project Delivery
• Execute development plans and review where necessary to meet changing variables, unique needs and requirements.
• Liaise with project Manager on project status, evaluate project performance and serve as link between project team and client
• Assist in the evaluation and redesign of project plans.
• Ensure project team have a thorough understanding of technical requirements and interpretation of project designs
• Engage in the day-to-day operational and technical elements of projects.
• Identify deficiencies during project execution and provide effective solutions.
• Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our policy and methodology to ensure successful execution of projects as outlined in project plan up until customer satisfaction.
• Ensure safety standards are upheld and adhered to so as to minimize risks.
• Ensure team delivery and in liaison with Project Manager and provide scheduled report on project status
• Conduct project valuations in consultation with Project Manager and hand over the same to the supervisor
• Follow up on payments in a professional manner so as to maintain cordial company – client relationships.
• Leverage on good client relationships to seek for business add-ons
• In conjunction with sales team, follow up on prospective leads within project
• Anticipate client needs and proposes alternative business solutions that build on current business.
• Analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
• Address all billing issues as & when they arise.
Client Management and Communication
• Grow healthy relationships with client and leverage on the same for future opportunities.
• Take lead role in team and client meetings.
• Resolve client issues quickly and satisfactorily.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to supervisor and peers.
• Carefully manage sensitive information and communicate responsibly to client where necessary.
People Management & Team Work
• Contribute to team effort & synergy by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Enhance team competencies by effectively coaching and guiding execution teams
• Handle basic personnel issues in liaison with HR department
• Participate in recruitment of staff for projects
• Assess performance gaps and in liaison with HR advise on interventions
• Assess training needs in liaison with HR and advise on gaps that require training
• Ensure project tasks are aligned with each team member’s competencies.
• Review the status reports of team members across projects and address issues as appropriate.
• Relevant BSc Degree with 2 years’ experience or Higher Diploma with 5 years’ experience
• Supervisory Skills
• Solid communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
• KCSE or equivalent coupled with diploma in any field
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)