DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintaining the global projects status for all the active projects by collecting progress reports, meeting minutes, status updates, actions, issues, and changes from the Project officers. Collating the same information into accurate and searchable data.
• Act as the communication officer for the PMO office by 0pening, recording, acknowledging, collecting and distributing internal and external mail, to include preparing outgoing post and acting as the main contact with logistics department.
• To maintain all filing systems in the office for all the Active projects, ensuring accurate filing of all documentation and extraction of documentation in line with Project Management Policy.
• To ensure compliance of the PMO section to all the standard operation procedures and policies, both within the PMO as well as the entire organization relating to Project management.
• To devise and advise on new working practices to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the PMO department.
• To answer the telephone, take messages where required and deal with associated queries as relevant on behalf of the PMO.
• Act as the liaison contact in the PMO section in respect of contractors and visitors.
• Co-ordinate meeting facilities including room arrangement and provision of equipment as directed.
• To produce procedure manuals to ensure a consistent approach within the department.
• To create and develop new systems and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the service.
• To undertake any other duties commensurate with the position as designated by the line manager.
• Following up on payment of the casuals.
• Managing of small-scale projects.
• Support PMO office with any other tasks as decided & assigned by PM.
Knowledge and Experience required of jobholder
• Diploma in a business-related course
• Knowledge of Project Management
• Two (2) years’ experience of offering administrative functions in a section delivering complex technology solutions to organisations
• A track record in a commercial client facing role
• Possess a detailed understanding of Development life cycles and Infrastructure
• Knowledge of cost and resource analysis