Founded in January 2010, TSG (The Spartan Group) formerly known as Spartan Developers, is an award-winning company that offers the highest degree of investor satisfaction by delivering carefully designed, high quality, and technically superior properties expeditiously and within set expectations. Our key focus is in the high-end, luxury market with a taste of developing serviced and furnished apartments, townhomes, commercial real estate, and affordable housing.
We are looking for a Project Manager to handle ground up construction project management. The role will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to commissioning. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of construction field experience working on large-scale Real Estate in addition to the ability to be highly effective in a client-facing role.
● Work with Main Contractor to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones
● Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs
● Create and monitor compliance and administrative procedures for the project
● Support contract negotiation, typically in concert with the legal counsel
● Ensure the complete list of City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting are done in good time and remain valid
● Coordinate review of the project documents
● Provide / Gather cost estimates working with subcontractors and other vendors for scope gaps/changes
● Coordinate any Value Engineering efforts
● Iteratively search for cost savings on amounts listed in the Bill of quantities throughout the project lifetime.
● Manage Main Contractor, Architect, Engineers, Quantity surveyors, and other directly contracted vendors by working with the onsite Construction Management team
● Work closely with the procurement department to manage contracts and relationships with all suppliers and ensure all orders are made in good time and with the correct specifications
● Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis
● Ensure Budget Management and Tracking
● Schedule monitoring, tracking, and analysis
● Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.) process is in place
● Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality control is being followed and report any issues/gaps
● Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices, and payments is being enforced
● Manage a site team of Clerks of works, storekeepers, and drivers to ensure the site is running efficiently
● Deliver projects under budget and ahead of time
● Initiate closeout process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance with the client doc control team, setting timelines and responsibilities
● Establish closeout documentation requirements. Ensure receipt of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties, as-built drawings, and manuals
● Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, snag lists, quality issues, or disputes
● Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments
● Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
● Assist Property managers after building completion with expertise in builders works, sub-contractor quotations and general maintenance works where possible
You will be the type of person who:
● Is smart, a quick learner, and confident in their cognitive ability.
● Knows their subject matter and can apply it / work independently.
● Creatively seeks new solutions for the ever-changing real estate market and customer needs
● Is proactive and focused on continuous improvement, including providing well-thought-out solutions.
● Is professional, yet friendly.
● Stays current on the changing construction laws by attending seminars and training in the field as well as by reading widely
● Is able to manage difficult stakeholders.
● Is confident both as a team member and a team leader.
● Has excellent interpersonal skills and great communication – both in-person and via technology
● Delivers quality work products and has pride in what they do.
● Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
● Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs
● Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals
● Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in one of the following: Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, and Building Economics
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Construction field experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, MS Project, Google office Suite, Autocad