Responsibilities / Duties:
• Proficiency in construction management and site operations.
• To manage construction projects, end to end from inception/conception to close out.
• To lead, plan, coordinate, supervise, organize and control all the different elements of the project life cycle.
• Liaise with the developers, statutory bodies such as the County Governments & NEMA, architects, quantity surveyors, engineers, contractors, sub-contractors & specialists amongst other stakeholders.
• Preparation of economic and viability studies as well as financial structuring of the project.
• Carry out preliminary costs studies including economic and physical circumstances surrounding project and advice on likely effects on project.
• Skills in value and cost engineering.
• Conducting due diligence to ensure the Main Contractor, Sub-contractors and Specialists involved in the project are of good standing and have the financial, technical and human resource capacity to carry out the job.
• Preparation of tailor made project reports to suit the needs of the different project stakeholders.
• Analysis of financial appraisals.
• Resolving any disputes or conflicting issues that may arise among the team members.
• Ensuring building specifications are well adhered to.
• Issuance of a Project Close Out report analyzing and comparing planned goals and objectives (prescribed scope of works, quality standards, budget and timeline to completion) with actual results.
• Ability to read architectural, structural and services drawings
• Minimum 3 years’ experience.
• University Degree in Construction Management
• Must have understanding of construction processes, scheduling & planning concepts, financial institution requirements, financial structuring, legal & statutory requirements, marketing concepts & strategies, amongst others.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Projects and Archicad; added advantage if Revit efficient
• Excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.