● Work with Main Contractor to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones
● Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs
● Create and monitor compliance and administrative procedures for the project
● Support contract negotiation, typically in concert with the legal counsel
● Ensure the complete list of City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting are done in good time and remain valid
● Coordinate review of the project documents
● Provide / Gather cost estimates working with subcontractors and other vendors for scope gaps/changes
● Coordinate any Value Engineering efforts
● Iteratively search for cost savings on amounts listed in the Bill of quantities throughout the project lifetime.
● Manage Main Contractor, Architect, Engineers, Quantity surveyors, and other directly contracted vendors by working with the onsite Construction Management team
● Work closely with the procurement department to manage contracts and relationships with all suppliers and ensure all orders are made in good time and with the correct specifications
● Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis
● Ensure Budget Management and Tracking
● Schedule monitoring, tracking, and analysis
● Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.) process is in place
● Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality control is being followed and report any issues/gaps
● Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices, and payments is being enforced
● Manage a site team of Clerks of works, storekeepers, and drivers to ensure the site is running efficiently
● Deliver projects under budget and ahead of time
● Initiate closeout process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance with the client doc control team, setting timelines and responsibilities
● Establish closeout documentation requirements. Ensure receipt of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties, as-built drawings, and manuals
● Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, snag lists, quality issues, or disputes
● Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments
● Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
● Assist Property managers after building completion with expertise in builders works, sub-contractor quotations and general maintenance works where possible
You will be the type of person who:
● Is smart, a quick learner, and confident in their cognitive ability.
● Knows their subject matter and can apply it / work independently.
● Creatively seeks new solutions for the ever-changing real estate market and customer needs
● Is proactive and focused on continuous improvement, including providing well-thought-out solutions.
● Is professional, yet friendly.
● Stays current on the changing construction laws by attending seminars and training in the field as well as by reading widely
● Is able to manage difficult stakeholders.
● Is confident both as a team member and a team leader.
● Has excellent interpersonal skills and great communication – both in-person and via technology
● Delivers quality work products and has pride in what they do.
● Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
● Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs
● Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals
● Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in one of the following:
Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture and Building Economics
- Experience managing large scale Civil Works and Earth Works projects
- Highly recommended with experience in the most volatile environments
- Highly recommended with experience in East Africa and specifically in South Sudan
- Construction field experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, MS Project, Google office Suite, AutoCAD civil 3D
Note: Candidates who have worked in South Sudan are encouraged to apply.