• Maintaining quality control procedures
• Demonstrate effective risk management and mitigation practices through proper risk identification, assessment, tracking and communication.
• Lead project meetings with contractors and stakeholders effectively
• Delivering results in a timely manner. Actively manage and report on the status of the project schedule and budget.
• Monitor the contract progress and make recommendation to client for contractor payments.
• Work closely with the Directors to plan the project effectively, by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, design drawings, health and safety proposals are all read, understood and agreed, and that a project programme is in place.
• Set up an emergency plan and general site facilities for the project, ensuring that these are in line with the health and safety proposal.
• Form and maintain the storage facilities and manage stock planning so that stock, materials, plant and tools are organised to meet the timescales for the project.
• Formulate a material schedule for the project, including take off from issued drawings and specifications, and produce requisitions as far ahead of programme periods as possible to enable best prices to be obtained by the Procurement Department.
• Maintain the schedule and track progress, keeping records on file and copying weekly records to project manager/ office.
• To manage building contracts on-site, liaising with the Management, client, sub contractors and other trades, coordinating all aspects of the works.
• Check that all materials used, including those used by sub contractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications.
• Keep photographic survey of all site operations and works and forward to the office via line manager.
• Maintain and track deliveries, ensure that stock and materials are deployed properly, off load/check all deliveries to relevant storage facilities, and manage stock issue, adhering at all times to operational needs and with due regard for health, safety and security
• Advising and implementing cost savings at all times, and represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings with those associated with, and affected by, the building project.
• Any other duty assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
• Degree or Diploma in Project Management,
• Registered with National Construction Authority
• At least (3-4) years relevant experience in a reputable construction organization
• Must be proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel and Project management programmes
• Excellent working knowledge of construction scheduling and outage planning.
• Must be able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
• Must be able to easily move around active construction site safely and effectively.
• Must have highly-effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent team leader/player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results
• Must have proven problem-solving skills and supervisory skills