Responsible for administering the aspects of Project management as per attached schedule. The objective is to assist the Project Director to deliver effectively and efficiently Has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specification, and coordinating procurement documentation on a given project with authority to direct, control, and monitor all activities.
Position will be working closely with the Projects admin assistants(secretaries) , the finance departments and the technical department comprising architects, masterplanners and interior designers .
1. Financial Responsibilities:
• Develop budget, sign off on project profit goal with Director
• Identify new projects and get job numbers
• Review contract limits with Project Architects and Technical Staff
• Know percentage complete on each project
• Prepare consultant contracts
• Assist in determining contract structure
• Assign hours for contract tasks
• Maintain client and consultant communications through assisting in the negotiation and development of contracts with clients and consultants
• Monitor weekly budget reports
• Determine required consultants
• Review watch list monthly with Director
2. Design Responsibilities:
• Review development of the design at all phases, relative to schedule, design and constructability
• Schedule and participate in in-house design review with the Project Design Director.
• Attend in-house design reviews
3. Specification (Bills of Quantities) Responsibilities:
• Prepare Preambles, Preliminaries & General Conditions of the specifications
• Prepare Agreement and Conditions of Contract for Building Works and/or other forms of contract for building works (e.g. FIDIC)
• Ensure specification accuracy and completeness
4. Technical Responsibilities:
• Review minutes of QA (Quality Assurance/ Quality Control) meetings
• Oversee production of project work packages documentation –drawings ,schedules, specifications and schedules of work
• Assist QA team in drawing review
• Review all specifications ,schedules ,schedules of work and BOQS(both buikders works and MEP)
• Propose QA review times
• Inform Director of all revisions of project deadlines
• Ensure timeliness of project
5. Code Analysis Responsibilities:
• Review code analysis of Project Architect - all code analysis/Analyze building and zoning codes and coordinate with building jurisdictions.
• Attend appropriate meetings with agencies (local authority)
6. Construction Cost Estimate/Project Schedule (Program) Responsibilities:
• Develop overall construction budget and schedule with Owner/Client. Obtain owner’s approval
• Decide on the use of outside estimating consultants
• Monitor and direct the development of project design and production to determine/evaluate efficient, cost-effective and high quality work. Report to Director
• Review with owner to owner’s approval of alternates and contingencies
7. Miscellaneous Responsibilities:
• Support activities of the studio as called upon the Director
• Support Graduate Architect Development process for staff members under PM’s direction
• Represent Symbion with a high level of integrity and professionalism
• Adhere to Symbion policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTED
1. Seek opportunities to improve communication skills.
2. Seek opportunities for professional development.
3. Mentor and direct development of other staff members
INTERACTION AND ENVIRONMENT
Works in close collaboration with :
Project Architects, interior designers and masterplanners
Fellow project managers within the organization
Project Admin assistants ,site staff
High performance, creative and team-oriented professionals and clients
Work areas are generally within the office ,client premises and sites . The position calls for requires travel to multiple sites and extended work hours where required .Its a flexitime environment that calls for a high degree of personal discipline and organization in order to deliver results with the project team
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of construction contracts especially FIDIC( various forms) ,JBC including the sub-contracts
3. Core proficiencies include excellent PDF manipulation skills( Bluebeam Revu etc), MS project ,Office 365 skills(Word ,excel,powerpoint ) ,In design
4. Skilled at managing complex projects, including delineating their scope, preparing work plans, resolving conflicts and overseeing implementation steps.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
8. Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines, including occasional travel and extended work hours.
9. Exhibit a professional, business like appearance and demeanor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Construction project management or related equivalent experience.
2. At least five (5) years in construction with an organization with minimum turnover of Ksh 200 m
3. Membership of a professional association – Project Management Institute(PMI) ,Association of project managers (APM),Chapter of Project Management of AAK(CPM) etc
4. Demonstrated ability to direct both an internal and external project teams
6. Proficiency in using technology including digital recording ,online meetings ,cloud storage ,on site technology use