Gross Salary: Competitive
• In conjunction with the General Manager for Project’s Management, S/He will review project plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
• Provide oversight and direction to outside third parties (architects, engineers, construction professionals) on projects. This will involve handling multiple projects while interfacing with various project teams.
• Engage in engineering and environmental due diligence activities while working with a network of third party firms.
• Performing occasional on-site inspections of both existing assets as well as projects under construction.
• Performing review of both consultant recommendations and the underlying contractor request for payments.
• Negotiating construction and professional services contracts.
• Developing policies, procedures and protocols aimed at providing superior advisory services to clients.
• Providing and maintain project budgets, schedules, and other project related information and documentation utilizing standard project management tools.
• Managing architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists consultants for design and other business related needs.
• Developing relationships with consultants/contractors/suppliers and evaluate their performance.
• Directing the completion of projects from inception through completion and provide input and ensure consistent performance
• Responsible for start-up, follow-up and closing meetings with client or tenant for schedule updates, direction and or changes on a regular basis throughout life of project.
• Examines, estimates material, equipment and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to insure completeness and accuracy.
• Maintaining and giving a report on records for Tests on construction material.
• Confers with and directs supervisory personal and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays on projects. Interacts with architects, engineers, and outside general contractors.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Monitoring local legislation in all jurisdictions and meet with state, county, and other local officials as needed regarding matters that pertain to real estate development.
• Working directly with other Senior Management Team members to provide leadership, strategic direction, and prioritize initiatives focused on client services, value delivery, efficiency/cost control, project planning, and resource management.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of architecture, business, real estate, engineering or construction management
• Licensed Engineer or Registered Architect
• Five years minimum professional experience with building design and / or construction industry and / or real estate investment environment in a similar role.
• Broad knowledge of real estate/property services finance with a high analytic aptitude.
• Ability to move multiple projects ahead in an organized and collaborative manner is an essential skill.
• Excellent planning, organizational and communications skills.
• Must include previous experience with overseeing renovation and construction programs in large, complex settings
• Experience in overseeing planning, design and construction projects, and advanced knowledge of the design and construction industry and standard practices
• Ability to handle multiple tasks – both short term and long term in nature – under stress of budget constraints, timeline demands, and high level of expected results.
• Excellent Communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strategic thinker, analytical, problem solver, deadline driven, team player, self-motivated, innovative, professional, positive, energetic, and attention to detail.
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in an environment far from regional or headquarter support, and inspires the trust and confidence of local and regional management.
• Demonstrated track record meeting financial business plans, budgets, and project schedules.