The Project Officer – Emergency Response will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Reports To: Project Manager – WASH, Turkana County Country/Location: Kenya/Turkana
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
Turkana Drought Response projec t (TDRP) aims to provide relief to extremely vulnerable families struggling with severe drought in Turkana. Interventions concentrate on WASH and livestock health services. TDRP is a six-month project funded by CRS private funds. CRS is implementing the project through Diocese of Lodwar and with close collaboration with the relevant county government departments and National Drought Management Authority (NDMA).
The Project Officer – Emergency Response will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Specifically, you will coordinate and monitor all emergency project activities within Turkana County and ensure use of technically appropriate implementation approaches and reporting, consistent with CRS requirements. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improvin g the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Turkana Emergency Response project in close collaboration with the Turkana County team to ensure effective program management quality.
- Ensure program quality through development and implementation of periodic project reviews and learning, and local partner capacity enhancement.
- Support implementing partner program officer(s) to effectively implement the project
- Represent CRS and Emergency Project in all relevant county level coordination meetings
- Together with CRS MEAL staff, ensure all emergency responses in Kenya comply with required MEAL policies and procedures i.e. project design, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting, accountability and learning.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate regular monitoring data interpretation to inform decisions and learning as provided in the emergency responses MEAL systems.
- Work with Caritas Lodwar to ensure financial reporting follows CRS partner standards and best practices.
- Closely manage county level activity budgets.
- Coordinate with the relevant county level NGO emergency actors to ensure effective targeting and implementation of the projects.
Required Languages - Excellent verbal and written communication in English, able to write reports in an understandable manner
Travel- 30% field travel and 70% office in Turkana.
No internal supervision responsibilities.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Project Manager-Kenya RAPID+ Turkana, Senior WASH officer, WASH Program Manager and Finance Officer
External: Local and international NGOs, County government relevant departments
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured