DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nakuru, Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. We implement projects directly and through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an energetic Kenyan National for an internship position-Prolog Assistant The intern will serve for a period of one year starting January 2021. The position is Kakuma based with travels to the field in Turkana West Sub-county and reports to the Area Manager with technical support from DCA Procurement & Logistics Officer (ProLog Officer).
The main responsibilities of the intern are to:
· Be fully familiarized with DCA’s Procurement Rules and Regulations and ensure that the DCA Procurement Manual Policy and procedures are being followed.
· Assist in conducting market survey when required and give feedback on the market trend.
· Assisting the ProLog Officer to Undertake procurement of administrative property and various kinds of expendable supplies necessary for the smooth functioning of the DCA office by foreseeing needs, proposing solutions and conducting tendering procedures
· Ensure that all procurements are completed on time and updated on ADMIND
· Assist in preparation of project bid advertisements, bidding documents, evaluation reports, requests for proposals for consulting services, draft contracts and all other procurement cycle activity documents.
· Assist in the formulation, development and periodic update of Procurement Plans
· Maintain updated assets register for DCA Kenya assets.
· Any other duties assigned by the ProLog Officer.
Filing and Record Keeping
Support in maintaining and updating records for:
· Vehicles, registration, insurance and vehicle maintenance
· Contracts with suppliers and property managers (FWA)
· Filing of documents concerning logistical and procurement matters according to the DCA filing structure.
· Robust and transparent procurement & logistics records to comply with DCA procurement and financial regulations
· Asset Tagging and counting
· A recent graduate Degree in Supply Chain Management.
· Good Communications Skills
· Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
· High level of motivation, integrity and commitment
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Good team player
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now Button
The deadline for applications is: 23/10/2020
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.