- Follows up on rent collection from tenants.
- Keep contact with all owners for any accounting issues that may occur.
- Ensures that all property and tenant information is up to date and correct through lease interpretation and cross-referencing against other property information
- Administering petty cash and reconciling the petty cash account regularly.
- Posts all transactions to the accounting software on a daily basis, i.e. disbursements, payments made out and cash received.
- Manages the accounts receivables and expenditure for all the premises including the Gym and all F&B cost centres
- Cost and stock management and controls for the property including Food & Beverage cost centres
- Assists in remitting monthly statutory deductions on a timely basis i.e. VAT, NSSF, NHIF, PAYE and Withholding Tax.
- Monitor preparation and dispatch of owner’s statements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of invoices to the tenants and issuance of the receipts.
- Prepares management
reports, including budget, payroll, insurance and tax
- Ensures up to date payment of utilities
- Performs regular reconciliations of the general ledger.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Assists in the preparation of payments for suppliers by verifying invoices and preparing payment vouchers.
- Assists the Finance Manager in generating management accounts on a monthly basis.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software, Material Controls & Micros
- Experience working in an F&B setup required
- Real estate or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Analytical skills and hotel and F&B controls
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Leadership skills