The holder of this position will be tasked with ensuring that all the leases and licenses to the Commercial Tenants at the property are current and the monies due to the properties from the Commercial Tenants are received and accounted for.
- Review lease and license information and ensure that it is correctly entered into the system.
- Manage all billings for leases and licences by ensuring correct and on-time billings, this includes the actual billing and printing the invoices.
- Manage all lease and licence and ensure the process of renewal is initiated three months to the end of the lease/licence.
- Ensure all rents received are receipted and the receipts issued to the tenants.
- Reconcile all payments against deposit slips and receipts issued
- Ensure tenant receipts are posted by agreed upon dates.
- Ensure tenants statements are issued by the 10th of the next month.
- Ensure all payments are reconciled against the deposit slips and the receipts issued.
- Manage service level agreements for contracted service providers and ensure that they are all current.
- Coordination of repair and maintenance of the building, both planned preventive and general repair works, ensuring timely servicing of equipment e.g. lifts, generators, water pumps.
- Liaising with the service providers and contractors, obtaining quotations, analyzing them and making recommendations.
- Ensure that all issues raised by tenants are attended to in a timely manner.
- Obtain utility bills for both properties and pass them to accounts for payment.
- Provide the General Manager with monthly reports of the property status including maintenance issues and rental collections and debtors.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to achieve the operational and financial goals of the organisation.
- Degree in real estate, property management, business administration or a related field preferred.
- Experience as a Property Manager or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of property regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and property management software.
- Understanding of marketing and accounting principles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good customer service skills.