CONTRACT STARTING DATE: 01.08.2021
REPORTS: TO MANAGING DIRECTOR
DUTY STATION: PHOENIX HOUSE – HEAD OFFICE,Nairobi
Branch office:kilifi town
NATURE OF THE CONTRACT: 2 YEAR CONTRACT RENEWABLE
Degree/diploma in business management/administration / real estate or a related field; several years of experience in a management role; leadership skills and experience; employee management; understanding of data privacy standards; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills; deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty
The property manager Responsible for the day to day running of the properties.
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the efficient execution of the property management plans in the portfolio so as to achieve monthly and quarterly set targets while ensuring that the set guidelines for the rent/service charge collection, repair and maintenance, handling of landlords/tenants complaints, meeting set deadlines are followed as well as making effective decisions based on situations at hand.
• Responsible for arranging the prompt preparation and distribution of monthly or bi-monthly landlord statements and accompanying payments.
• Liaise with Repair and Maintenance team regarding property repairs and maintenance.
• Prepare all necessary documentation relating to the leasing of properties, including management tenancy agreements, inspection reports (both outgoing and incoming).
• Regular updating to the tenants and landlords in relation to property issues.
• Ensure rent and service charge collections is over 90% by the end of the quarter
• Institute rent arrears minimization strategy to ensure arears are reduced significantly
• Conduct regular market appraisals for the purpose of advising the owner of market movements and making recommendations for rental increases and so prospective clients can be provided with reliable and accurate management submissions
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing inspections in accordance with both company and statutory requirements.
• Coordinate the interviewing and placement of prospective tenants, together with the completion of all associated documentation.
• Coordinate the property management team to ensure that high quality services are consistently provided to owners and tenants in the management of properties.
• Encourage the development of a highly competent and well-trained team by identifying training and development needs
• Ensure properties are maintained in accordance with the landlord’s instructions. Therefore, liaise regularly with both owners and tenants to ensure repairs are carried out expeditiously, economically and to an acceptable standard
• Ensure punctual attendance for all internal and external business commitments.
• Ensuring that our properties in other towns are well managed and let in time.i.e Kirinyaga,Kilfi and Mombasa
• Ensure the property management team complies with ethical standards and industry codes of conduct.
• Sourcing for new valuation assignments,property management works and all related products offered in the organization.
• Ensure you keep abreast of market development and indicators.
• Carry out periodic and annual reviews of the performance of staff in the Department in liaison with the Human Resource Manager.
• Maintain all the Statutory Required Records.
• Manage and maintain rent roll successfully implementing an arrears minimization process.
• Periodic visits to the properties in Nairobi and any other region the organization has properties to let and manage.
• Any other duty which the employer may designate