The job description for the property valuer is as follows:
• The Valuer will be responsible for developing and delivering valuation services for their clients.
• This will include determining the appropriate valuation method, undertaking valuations and completing reports for vacant land and built property.
• The job holder will also oversee and co-ordinate the sales and leasing functions within the company for land and built property both commercial and residential
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Location: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities Valuation
• Ensure strong understanding of the organization's value proposition and keep abreast of best practice in property valuation.
• Undertake regular market research to keep abreast of property value trends in the Kenyan market.
• Identify property valuation opportunities for the organization.
• Engage clients to determine their property valuation requirements.
• Visit sites to inspect and compile property features as part of the valuation process.
• Measure and record dimensions and obtain information regarding factors that may affect property prices.
• For built property take particular note of any and major structural faults on the interior and exterior of the property in determining market value compare attributes of the property to recently comparable sales or leases in the surrounding area
• Compile all data collected during the property inspection and any other data relevant to the property into a detailed valuation report ensuring best practice and adherence to agreed timelines. If required provide verbal presentations of valuation reports to clients
Degree/diploma in business management/administration / real estate or a related field; several years of experience in a management role; leadership skills and experience; employee management; understanding of data privacy standards; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills; deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty