IX. Public Communication Assistant I, JOB GROUP L/CASB 8 (ONE POSITION)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
I. Manning the reception desk Profiling visitors
II. Receiving and ushering VIPs/guests
III. Maintaining daily record of visitor’s details
IV. Maintaining good ambience in the reception area Responding to visitors’ queries
V. Receiving, guiding and directing visitors to designated offices and areas Issuing visitors passes.
VI. Such other duty as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/HOD.
b) Minimum Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
i. Served in the grade of Public Communication Assistant II or comparable position, for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
ii. Diploma in Customer Service, Public Relations, Hospitality Management, International Relations and Diplomacy, Communication Management, Event Management, Front Office or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. Proficiency in computer application skills; and
iv. Demonstrated integrity, professional competence and management capabilities as reflected in work performance and results.
v. Compliance with the provisions of Chapter six of the Constitution
• Term of Service: Three (3) years Contract
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: email@example.com
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.