Position: Purchasing & Inventory Supervisor (HOSPITALITY SECTOR)
Employer: A LEADING HOSPITALITY COMPANY DEALING WITH FOOD SERVICE
Ref No: SGK-P & IS-03-2021
Industry: HOTEL (HOSPITALITY)
Job Category: SUPERVISOR
• Bachelors in supply chain management or other related field.
• Minimum 5 years progressive experience in purchasing and/or inventory field in a busy organization.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
• Those who have worked in hotels, restaurants or fast food companies will have an advantage.
Salary: KSHS.75,000 - 100,000 PLUS OTHER COMPANY BENEFITS
• Purchasing and inventory supervisor will perform the following duties: -
• Execute purchasing strategies both local and import, at the lowest cost.
• Be in charge of all inventory functions.
• Evaluate and compare suppliers’ products and services, maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing.
• Research new suppliers and analyse costs a terms of trade against current suppliers.
• Communicate company needs to suppliers and maintain good relationships with them. Perform demand forecasting including, analysing inventory levels, inventory positioning, planned production and sales forecast for purchasing.
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers.
• Ensure the company has all relevant information regarding all suppliers.
• Liaise with marketing and operations to understand upcoming promotions, accurately forecast upcoming levels of demand and monitor to ensure no stock outs.
• Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget.
• Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels in the warehouse and ensure we keep accurate utilization rates.
• Resolves invoice discrepancies supporting accounts payable.
• Responsible for management and implementation of store & inventory control systems.