The successful candidate musthave at least 4 years working
experience in a similar role in a busy environment. He/she must also be
Punjabi or Gujarati speaking and must be willing to relocate to Uganda.
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Coordinating with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled.
- Attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Must have a Relevant Degree or Higher Diploma in Logistics and Supply Management.
- Must have at least 4 years in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Must be Gujarati or Punjabi speaking.
- Must have excellent IT / Computer Skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant management software programs - SAP preferred.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and growth-oriented environment with regularly changing priorities and developing opportunities.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Driven, organized and resourceful with the ability to prioritize.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open according to skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma Certificate.
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 26th June 2021.
We endeavor to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately
high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us
within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep
an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and