Duties and Responsibilities;
• Monitor health, safety and environmental protection compliance at the project level by conducting workplace inspections and audits.
• Provide advice on interpretation of local government requirements and Occupational Health & Safety regulations and codes.
• Liaise with regulatory authorities to promote safety and resolve any issues of non-compliance.
• Participate in the development of project-specific safety programs for new projects.
• Ensure all H & S documentation and records are collected and maintained in accordance with company operating practices.
• Review company’s occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed
• Represent Fireside in client’s meetings related to HS&E.
• Assist line management and the safety committee in the investigation of accidents and near-misses, including: identifying root causes and trends as well as recommending accident prevention methods.
• Provide direction on matters relating to injured worker claims and restricted work programs.
• Act as an active leader in promoting HS&E processes and programs towards exceeding HS&E goals.
• Lead and assist site engineering teams in ensuring adherence to quality standards, engineering practices, and corporate policies.
• Monitor the delivery of products and services, ensuring customer satisfaction and fulfillment of quality objectives in place.
• Audit service delivery at different phases of the project for adherence to specifications, standards, and practices.
• Provide feedback to the applicable functional areas, enforcing completion of corrective actions make sure to capture change orders and communicate to customer.
• Document quality assessment results to be prepared and submitted.
• Create and maintain reference material and job aids such as quick reference guides, contributing to process standardization.
• Document changes to customer specifications and deliverables. Update teams on customer and internal specifications, standards, and practices.
Education, Experience and desired skills;
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Safety & Health or a similar field.
• At least 4 years working experience as a Safety and Quality Manager in a Telecoms industry.
• Strong knowledge of OSHA Regulations, state and local safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• NEBOSH Certification is desirable.
• Must be fully proficient MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Analytical skills.
• Team working skills.
• Telecoms Industry -specific knowledge.
• Excellent written & non-written Communication.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Organization and planning skills.
• Decision making and Problem solving skills.
• Report writing skills.
Note; The job location is in Ethiopia.